Monday, August 3, 2009

Getting Personal


It just occurred to me that other than my bio, you probably don't know a whole lot about me. I thought I'd share ten things about myself that you probably didn't know. I'd love to hear from you too so feel free to write a comment with some of your own!


1. I'm half Dutch and half Polish. My maiden name was hard for most to both spell and pronounce so thankfully hubby rescued me now that I'm a 'Davis', however I do miss the uniqueness of 'Ruzycki' pronounced 'Roo-zick-ee'. I think it's funny that in Canada a 'z' is a zed and in the U.S. a 'z' is a zee.

2. My husband and I met online at http://www.christiancafe.com/. He lived here in Florida and I in Toronto, Canada. We dated briefly and he proposed in front of the Eiffel tower 3 months later! Less than 4 months after that we were married. It was quite a whirlwind! Some say it was too soon or it was a crazy thing to do, but we knew we were meant to be together.

3. I'm a dessert-a-holic. I wish it was a food group. I basically work out so I can eat dessert! I love lemon bars, lemon tarts, creme brulee, gelato and at the top of the list is CUPCAKES in almost any flavor! I also adore tart yogurt. A local shop called Sweet is my favorite go-to place.

4. I LOVE to travel and have now seen 15 countries. I'm still trying to catch up to my hubby though, he's seen 55 countries and 6 continents, I guess you could say I married to a bit of a world traveller.

5. I have to create at least one thing per day or I don't feel  that my day is complete. It can be writing an article, creating some artwork, completing a scrapbook page or even starting a new garden. I prefer it to be something crafty that I make with my own two hands.

6. I am in love with organizing and storage containers and love to keep things clutter-free. I started my Design business several years ago as a Professional Organizing company and now specialize in Design and Home Staging. From the age of five my Barbie house was turned into a book shelf and everything in my room was always immaculate, complete with made bed. It's no different today. Ironically, I married a disorganized man who loves to hold on to clutter, so I work doubletime trying to keep our house in ship shape.

7. I don't have any children yet but have always dreamed of having two girls first then a boy. My brother is 11 years younger than me and I was his constant babysitter and second mother so I'm ready for pink, polka dots, ruffles and everything girly. I am not pregnant right now but I've already started my little girl clothing collection.

8. My dream home is a beach house decorated in a casual and cozy yet sophisticated style which I like to refer to as Beach House Glam. I love whites, creams, pale blues and soft sand. However, with so many great locations, I'm not sure exactly where I would to live just yet.

9. I heart our planet. I've been composting since age ten and recycling for as long as I can remember. I love finding new ways to become more eco-friendly as well as reduce, reuse and re-purpose what I already own. I will have a green book available in 2010 and I even started a green blog so feel free to check it out!

10. One of my favorite snacks needs to be imported from Canada: Lay's Dill pickle potato chips. I love them to pieces and was thrilled when one of my best friends, Charlotte, sent them in a birthday care package last August. Second in line would be ketchup chips. This is the norm for flavors in Canada so I was sad when my chip selections were dramatically reduced upon moving to America. Having said that, I don't eat a lot of chips, but when I do, I really enjoy the tangy taste of dill pickle.

I'd love to hear from you! Tell us about yourself. What do you love to do in your spare time? Where are you from? Do you have any fun quirks you want to share with us?

~Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment